Sunday, June 21, 2009

Picture Perfect

I am a worrier at heart. I always see the potential negatives so I can try to compensate for them. In lieu of planning for this weekend I was a bundle of nerves. It was a really big deal for Paul and I for me to meet his children. But, circumstances what they were, that's what was going to happen regardless of whether we were ready for that now or not.

And it was amazing.

I don't know that it could've gone better. They stayed with their grandparents Friday night so it was just the two of us when he picked me up from the airport. It was good to have some time together to reacquaint before taking the next big step. Saturday we picked up the boys and headed to Santa Cruz to the beach. Wouldn't you know it, I brought the Utah weather with me. Cloudy, windy, and only 64 degrees! Needless to say, we didn't spend much time basking in the sun. Instead, we went into Santa Cruz and wandered around looking for a place to eat. It was so fun because there were little bands and groups playing on the streets, and all the little shops around.

After getting back to Morgan Hill and changing we went to "Up" (in 3D of course!). We all loved it :) And we even hit up Mickey D's for Jonah on the way home for dinner.

This morning I made pancakes for Fathers' Day breakfast. The boys gave Paul a toolset, and I gave him some yummy smell goods (not because he stinks! I just like it...). We went to a nondenominational Christian Fellowship called WestGate. Very different from services I have been to, before. Not bad, just different. By the time we arrived home and had eaten lunch it was time for me to change and have them drive me to the airport.

In all it was a wonderful weekend. I'm thoroughly exhausted, but it was a great time to be sure. And there will be more to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment